Mountain Home Junior High School Sports
Attention all those interested in Jr. High sports participation:
The Athletic Handbook is attached below and can be downloaded or picked up at the JH office.
Students will need a current physical on file at the JH office. One physical is all that is required during a student's JH activities career; however, an Interim Questionnaire must be complete each year a physical is not conducted.
Other paperwork that must be completed each year are the Emergency Contact Information, the Athletic Release and Participation Information, and the Athletic Participation Agreement. Must be completed through Parent Portal.
An Activity Card ($10.00) is required and should be paid for in the office (please see Ms. Wing).
Spirit Packs will be available. The coaches will have more information regarding spirit packs.
The first days of practice for 2018-2019 Jr. High sports are as follows:
- Football will practice at East Side Park from 3:30-5:30 Monday-Friday. The first day of practice is August 13th. Gear will be handed out on August 10th at 5:30 pm at East Side Park.
- Volleyball tryouts are August 15, 16, and 17th from 3:30-5:30. The 8th graders will tryout and practice at Hacker Middle School. The 7th graders will tryout and practice at the Jr. High. Practices are Monday-Friday from 3:30-5:30.
- Cross Country will start practice on August 14th. Practice is Monday-Friday at East Side Park from 3:15-4:15. Grades 6th -8th may participate.
- Wrestling will be practicing at Bennett Mountain High School gym. The first day of practice is October 8th. Practice is Monday -Friday from 3:30-5:30. Grades 6th -8th may participate.
- Girls Basketball tryouts are Oct. 8-10th from 3:30-5:30pm. The 8th graders will practice at Hacker and 7th graders at the Jr. High daily from 3:30-5:30pm, Monday-Friday.
- Boys Basketball tryouts are January 8th-10th from 3:30-5:30. Daily practice time will also be from 3:30-5:30, Monday-Friday.
- Track and Field will start on March 11th. Students will practice at East Side Park daily starting at 3:30, Monday-Friday. Grades 6th -8th may participate.
Free School Sports Physicals at St. Luke’s Clinic Trinity Mountain
Friday, August 3th, 2018 from 1-4 pm
What to bring
For sports physicals: Students should bring their most recent immunization records and list of current medications. Parent or legal guardian must sign the physical form.
Physical Exam Form
Addresses for Away Games
East Valley Middle School- 4085 East Greenhurst, Nampa, ID 83686
Emmett Middle School- 301 East 4th Street, Emmett, ID 83617
Jefferson Middle School- 3311 So. 10th Ave- Caldwell, ID 83605 (8th Grade only)
Kuna Middle School- 1360 Boise Street, Boise, ID 83643
Lone Star Middle School- 11055 Lone Star Road, Nampa, ID 83651
Middleton Middle School- 511 W. Main Street, Middleton, ID 83644
Nampa South Middle School- 229 West Greenhurst, Nampa, ID 83686
Nampa West Middle School- 28 South Midland Blvd., Nampa, ID 83651
Sage Valley Middle School- 18070 Santa Ana Ave., Nampa, ID 83687
Syringa Middle School- 1100 Willow Street, Caldwell, ID 83605 (7th Grade only)
TVCS St. Ignatius Catholic School- 6180 Meridian Rd. Meridian, ID 83646
Vallivue Middle School- 16412 S. 10th Ave., Caldwell, ID 83605
Fremont Middle School: 441 East Porter St. Kuna, ID, 83634