Within a safe environment, our mission is to enable all students a smooth transition to the high school by providing:
- multiple academic opportunities addressing different life styles
- on-going training to become responsible citizens
- a variety of extra-curricular activities
- All students can learn.
- A safe learning environment is critical.
- The junior high experience is a transition period for students from being dependent learners to independent learners, both socially and academically.
- MHJH holds all students accountable academically and behaviorally by enforcing student guidelines in the agenda.
- Based on student's learning styles and developmental maturity, curriculum must be flexible and presented in a variety of ways to accommodate varying needs.
- Connecting the curriculum to life beyond the classroom is important.
- High expectations challenge students to develop critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- A variety of electives is necessary to stimulate interests and creativity.
- Performance reflects learning, a continuous process taking place in the home, community and school.
- Understanding individual differences enhances character through instruction, training, study and experience.
- The emotional and personal well-being of a student greatly affects his/her ability to learn.
- Open communication among all members of the community enhances learning.
- Students and staff members need to take an active role in the community.